Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First Haircut Jitters

My child is starting to look like a raggamuffin. He had a full head of beautiful dark hair when he was born. As the months passed, those dark locks lightened up to a bright cheerful blonde. Then he went through the balding phase. You know, that phase when all they do is lay there and move their head right and left. He had a mohawk. All the cute little locks on the top of his head stayed right in place as the hair from the sides and back rubbed off.

Now those locks are a little long. If I put him in pink, I'm sure you'd think my baby was a girl. Ok, maybe I'm just a picky mom, but it's getting long. I keep thinking about how badly he needs a haircut. He's so squirmy I don't think he'll ever be able to get a trim! He is in constant motion. I feel as though I'm diapering a monkey sometimes. Arms, legs, hands, feet, everywhere! He won't hold still. Not to change a diaper, not to put his shoes on... nothing!

What's a mom to do? I've read article after article claiming they've got the tips and tricks to keep your baby occupied for their first haircut. Give him a toy? Yeah, that'll get old in about 30 seconds....

So now I just have to wait and see how long I can stand his hair to be before I take the plunge and try to get his haircut!

5 comments:

Pres. Kathy said...

I felt the same way about my little guy. We didn't cut his hair until a year and a half. Now I regret it because he lost his curls.

Anonymous said...

He does not look like that. I just saw him last week and he's cute as can be! Leave it for now is my vote!!

Mar

Loukia said...

Oh... first haircuts are almost harder on mommy, to be honest! Well, actually, my baby's first haircut was not well received by him, either - he cried and cried and I wanted to grab him and run out of there, but was afraid he'd look funny with half a haircut! ;) There are some great children's hair salon's out there that cater to really young children, and there is always something child friendly on TV, the hairdressers blow bubbles, etc. Look around your city for something like this... and good luck! Don't forget to post pics!

lovemylevi said...

I'm not looking forward to this for my little guy! Following you from MBC, hope to see you at http://www.luvsjurn3.blogspot.com soon!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

My little dude has a head full of curls. But it's growing a lot longer in some areas. Not really sure what to do with it. I'm about to take him to my stylist. Ah ha ha

Post a Comment

Go ahead, let it all out...