Monday, June 22, 2009

Mocktail Monday! Watermelon Slushie


This is a crowd pleaser! In celebration of the first official day of summer yesterday here's a Watermelon Slushie- great paired with a cookout!

INGREDIENTS
6 ice cubes
2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
Sugar to taste
1 cup 7-Up or other Lemon-Lime soda

DIRECTIONS
Place the ice cubes into a blender. Cover, and pulse until crushed. Add the watermelon and blend for about 1 minute, until slushy. Add the sugar and soda, and blend for about 10 seconds. I use Splenda as a sugar substitute to save on calories, plus I find that I don't need to use as much when I use Splenda since it's so sweet. The soda will add a refreshing fizz :)

I'm not even going to think about making this one Mad Mom adult friendly because it's great on it's own!

1 comments:

JosiahsMommy said...

Thanks for following my blog! Sorry you missed out on the free button from April. I think she got a little overwhelmed with how popular that freebie was! If you ever need a button just let me know. I designed mine and I could probably make something for you too. :)

Post a Comment

Go ahead, let it all out...