Monday, October 18, 2010

Going in the Right Direction

As I mentioned in my last post, I was pretty much worthless all week due to a head cold. So this weekend was pretty busy to make up for all the down time!

First off, this week's mission was to go out to lunch with a girlfriend got some girl time. I can do that! Lucky for me my sister-in-law also happens to be one of my closest friends. We decided to take some time out and meet for dinner.
She hadn't seen the Traverse yet so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to show it off! Her first thoughts? "This is awesome!" My thoughts exactly :) We took a picture to commemorate the occasion!

Then, Friday was my best friend's birthday. We packed up the kiddo (and all his stuff) and made the voyage down to Canton to visit. By the time we dropped the kiddo off and were on our way, it was dark. I've never driven to Canton in the dark. If you're like me (a landmark driver) it's really helpful to be driving in the daylight.

About 45 minutes into the drive I asked - did we pass Lover's Lane? (That's one of my landmark signs because it's so memorable) Apparently we did and I didn't notice... which lead me to the conclusion that we made a wrong turn because clearly, I wasn't paying attention.

We ended up getting on another highway that was going to take u way out of our way. I was already peeved because we were running late, so this was just great. I have a good sense of direction, but it was dark, and everything about it felt wrong...

OnStar to the rescue! This was exactly the quick fix I needed! In just a few minutes I was on my way (the right way) again! Just pressed the OnStar button, gave the representative my friend's address, and the car did the rest! Well, not really, I still had to pay attention and physically drive the car, but the Traverse let me know where to turn with visual help on the display! Such a lifesaver!

Here's a picture I took with all of our stuff loaded in the cargo space. That's a six foot table in there too! Plenty of room left! No matter how full I think I fill it, the back always seems like it can fit so much more... it's huge!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, let it all out...